Tuesday night work session at the club. New Shreveport now in place. Lots of work to do. Pleasant Hill become beer capital of the world. Always time to improve at MSMRC, change is not a four letter word at the this club.
Below is the control installation for the crossover in my last post, with the control knob sticking out of the track diagram on the fascia:
So in a previous comment I had said that I based my layout on a version from " Small, Smart and Practical Track Plans" by Iain Rice I came across when researching this. it was based on a three shelf layout he had done.
So Here are a couple of pics from the book that I've based mine on with some modification.
This is my first layout, so being that I don't have a large amount of space I'm starting small.
I figure this way I'll be realizing some accomplishment with my work sooner than trying to attempt a large layout.
I've decided to go with a shelf switchng layout, after searching for information on small layouts.
So here are some pics on what I've done so far.
I need a few single crossovers like the one shown below. This post describes how I combine two Fast Tracks #6 N-scale switches into a single crossover.
Today I had the pleasure of meeting a new friend and operating on a busy little switching layout in Winnipeg.
The railroad represents a small section of the Kimberly Sub of the WC and has several paper mills, along with a few other industries. Lots to keep a crew busy in this 10x13 space.
You can catch up with Bob and his buddies at wc2scale.org .
Thanks for a great afternoon!
It took three days for the carved plaster hills to fully cure. I had to wait until they were cured otherwise it's difficult to color them and the color of the plaster is different uncured. I use the "spotted method" (that I learned from others) along with washes and dry brush highlights.
Here's the way the carved rocks look once dried. They are gray as a result of colorant I added to the plaster mix.
As Joe F has been saying their aren't enough scratch build articles, so I figured I would document my last little project.
I have been slowly developing a little diorama on one of my sidings using Walthers Central Gas & Supply. One of the things that I wanted to add was some working yard lights. Having perused what was available on the interweb, I could find nothing suitable and decided to make something myself.
It's been a long time since I posted an update on the construction of my HO layout, so I thought it was time to let my fellow MRH readers know what's been happening lately on the N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4!
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- MID SOUTH MODEL RR CLUB UPDATE
- Single-knob X-Over Control Using Bullfrogs
- where my layout idea is from
- Starting small
- Building Crossovers with Fast Tracks Turnouts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP