new shelf layout design
Well it looks like I will be retiring my first layout this spring and moving to a more modular shelf layout instead.
Here's a picture of the new design for the main module. Its a 2'x12' urban industrial switching layout.
I'd like to get some feedback regarding what you guys think of operating this layout, so I'm sharing the design and a fully operational TrainPlayer file so you can actually try it out (You will need TrainPlayer software, a free demo is here: http://www.trainplayer.com/Site3/DemoRegistration.html)
Here is the zip file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0Ow27eMfiQMMEFWZV9qekVUaDZQQV9QUEtKZFdPUQ
I'm hoping it will be a good challenge without becoming too frustrating. Not exactly like a "timesaver puzzle" but also not as easy as a simple yard.
I welcome any comments, suggestions, frustrations, etc.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- JL&T Railroad Blog - Change is comming...
- Central California Traction
- Help programing a DIY DCC Servo Function decoder with JMRI - Work on the DCC uncoupler car continues
- Send Picture testing
- Modeler’s License
- My brand new shelf layout
- Just when you thought you have seen it all (track design)
- Building a Model Railroad
- decal cropping