InternetTrains.com Warning on Poor Service
Just a brief heads up that you should take extreme care when trying to purchase
items from Internet Trains.com. I placed an order on 9/7/09 for some HO bridges
and associated items. All showed as "Available" on the website. I waited a
couple of weeks, and then spoke with Bea at the company. She said they were
still waiting on some of the items and the order would ship the next week. She
apologized for their online catalog showing all of the items I ordered as
"Available"--and that she would call me early the next week (which was last
week). The call never came, so I called them on Thursday. I spoke with a man at
the company. After being placed on hold for a long time, he came back on the
phone and said they were still waiting on additional items. I cancelled my order
and asked them to refund my credit card, explaining that I have lost confidence
with their company. I sent an e-mail asking for confirmation after the call that
my purchase would be refunded by 10/3/09. I have not received a response, nor
has the charge been taken off my Visa. I will now go forward with disputing the
Visa charge with my bank.
I hope this post helps someone else from going through a similar ordeal with
Update--10/6/09--Still no response from the company. This morning, I had to call my VISA and proceed with disputing the charge.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP
- direct dcc
- Happy Easter from the Essex Terminal Rail
- Update on BNML Layout Progress - Golden Spike!
- The tree-eating Lynn Valley
- Two Monsters waiting for service.
- Some more Chesapeake, Wheeling & Erie video
- Pembroke II: Mutant Bullfrogs