First real airbrush project
After my success with a properly working regulator last time, I decided to break in my little Harbor Freight airbrush and shoot a base coat of white on the F7 shell i recently stripped. I made a shortish video detailing my experience and stuck it on Youtube. Video
I really enjoyed my first attempt and will continue documenting my progress as the project continues. If this turns out well, I will be moving on to weather the track on my FreeMoN module and then lay down some dirt color.
Cleanup of the airbrush wasn't as bad as I had thought it might be, and the Polly Scale "Reefer White" laid down beautifully. I need to go back and lay down a better covering coat of white in the area of the stripe. Jan and I spent a good amount of time cruising Michaels crafts in search of some masking materials. I did find some in Martha Stewart land, some adhesive stencil paper, and some skinny "artist's tape"
I'll show everyone those new tools as well as try out the paint cup (instead of the jar) in the next installment. If any of you have your favorite masking aids, please reply here in my blog, so others my share in your knowledge. Hopefully if folks can see that it is painless and fun, more folks might be willing to give it a shot!
until next time...
>> Posts index