ANSWERED. THANKS. Caulk vs. Putty vs. Spackle
I have built a small hill out of ever-smaller pieces of art store foam core board. The steps are nowhere as near large as the pink foam shown in magazines. For an N-scale or Z-scale diorama. The question is, what do I smooth out the sides with to make a slope ,,,,, from what is now a bunch of 'steps'.
I used to use something which, when wet, looked much like oatmeal. I preferred Durham water putty, but now I want something 'right out of the can, or tube'.
The finished scene will be handed around a lot so the material used can't be brittle. Any advice?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Painting Backdrops You Can Do It
- Progress Update
- A ballast pit for the HBR
- Colorado Central MOW
- Atlas S2 DCC Decoder Install
- Progress Update - The Twins
- SMA10 – Build a 17-Function DCC Decoder for about $5
- Cool CN lashup with slug and GMD-1
- Bridges on the Grande Pacific Railroad Instulation
- Revamping a track plan that didn't work out!