ANSWERED. THANKS. Caulk vs. Putty vs. Spackle
I have built a small hill out of ever-smaller pieces of art store foam core board. The steps are nowhere as near large as the pink foam shown in magazines. For an N-scale or Z-scale diorama. The question is, what do I smooth out the sides with to make a slope ,,,,, from what is now a bunch of 'steps'.
I used to use something which, when wet, looked much like oatmeal. I preferred Durham water putty, but now I want something 'right out of the can, or tube'.
The finished scene will be handed around a lot so the material used can't be brittle. Any advice?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Another update on my micro layout
- time periods
- The mountain behind the turntable....basic plaster work done
- IAIS's West End - UP's Pool Yard
- Degree of Curvature
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment...Part Two
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment
- Condo/Loft with a model railroad: shelving/benchwork assembly
- Kato N scale Mikado
- HO Scale New Orleans Streetcars at LAST!