ANSWERED. THANKS. Caulk vs. Putty vs. Spackle
I have built a small hill out of ever-smaller pieces of art store foam core board. The steps are nowhere as near large as the pink foam shown in magazines. For an N-scale or Z-scale diorama. The question is, what do I smooth out the sides with to make a slope ,,,,, from what is now a bunch of 'steps'.
I used to use something which, when wet, looked much like oatmeal. I preferred Durham water putty, but now I want something 'right out of the can, or tube'.
The finished scene will be handed around a lot so the material used can't be brittle. Any advice?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds
- Mathy timespackle
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress
- Cleveland 2014 - Saturday/Sunday Day 2/3 of the NTS - Part II
- Thing-a-week locomotive finished...a little too late, but finished...