Track Geometry Unit
I recently made this track geometry unit to help me align my N scale code 55 track. I thought other people may be interested in it also as it works very well. I took an N scale truck and glued a nail through the bolster hole using CA glue. I then cut the nail shorter and drilled a hole (part way) in the circular level and made sure it fit on the nail with a snug fit.
I have had the circular level for many years, so I don't know where I got it. I have added the plastic bumpers to the trucks so I can push it with a loco. Since I have used it on my track I have had zero derailments. I place the unit on a known flat surface to calibrate the level. That is why I didn't glue it in place.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Another update on my micro layout
- time periods
- The mountain behind the turntable....basic plaster work done
- IAIS's West End - UP's Pool Yard
- Degree of Curvature
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment...Part Two
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment
- Condo/Loft with a model railroad: shelving/benchwork assembly
- Kato N scale Mikado
- HO Scale New Orleans Streetcars at LAST!