Track Geometry Unit
I recently made this track geometry unit to help me align my N scale code 55 track. I thought other people may be interested in it also as it works very well. I took an N scale truck and glued a nail through the bolster hole using CA glue. I then cut the nail shorter and drilled a hole (part way) in the circular level and made sure it fit on the nail with a snug fit.
I have had the circular level for many years, so I don't know where I got it. I have added the plastic bumpers to the trucks so I can push it with a loco. Since I have used it on my track I have had zero derailments. I place the unit on a known flat surface to calibrate the level. That is why I didn't glue it in place.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Pembroke: Installation Day!
- Grimes Line Final Presentation
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds
- Mathy timespackle
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress