The Split Helix is going in and the start of the Main Helix (Basin & Green Valley)
The end of the stage yard that feeds the entire layout.
This is the south end of what I call the split Helix. The North end of the split Helix will be at the upper right of the photo just past the town of Basin. You can also see the the bench work for Green Valley is not built yet. Green Valley will fit above the twin 1x4 spine you can see to the right and cover the interchange track with the white box car.
You can see the 2 tracks that will use the main Helix here run under the South end of the Split helix. The track that turns to the left is the feed into the split Helix. This track will take you to Basin.
You can now see the north end of the split Helix and Green Valley is now in place to the left. The 2 lower interchange tracks for the copper ore mines snakes under Green Valley.
Green Valley. Once the divider is built you will not be able to see Green Valley from this side. The train is sitting on the main after it comes out of the north end of the split Helix and will run on a ridge that can be seen from Basin but not from Green Valley.
And then the Main Helix.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Quintin Schini's M&IN Railroad, a part of INRAIL
- Help finding Smokebox Cover for Brass Mohawk
- How to prevent or minimize dust on your layout
- Simulation of hot metal and slag in a blast furnace cast house
- My new Blog
- N scale Ontario Midland in Sodus, NY with no selective compression.
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup, Part 2
- PAINTING BACKDROPS FOR LARGE LAYOUTS
- Making Ditch Lights
- FWWR, Everman Branch Job