grades on bridges
When running over tall steel trestles and other larger bridges, how often were such tracks on the level vs on grade, especially in situations where the railroad was climbing a grade in the surrounding territory.
Are there any operational implications for our models (I am in N Scale) of having the track on grade? I have a spot where I plan to have a 4 foot steel trestle in a layout plan, and really need the 1 inch height gain I could get by keeping the track on its 2% grade over that length.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- My new Blog
- N scale Ontario Midland in Sodus, NY with no selective compression.
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup, Part 2
- PAINTING BACKDROPS FOR LARGE LAYOUTS
- Making Ditch Lights
- FWWR, Everman Branch Job
- Prototype vs. Freelance
- Workin' on the Warehouse
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup
- Great Northern 4-8-4 Big Boy