Fun with LEDs
I've wrapped up a small but significant upgrade to my motive power, replacing all the bulbs with SMD LEDs.
Having working and independent ditch lights was always a given for me since they're such a key feature of modern locomotives. But I wanted to make sure they were bright and visible. My first attempt involved fiber optic cable and micro bulbs. Yes there was light but it was extremely dim. Not to mention the heat build up probably wasn't helping. Enter SMD LEDs.
The headlights and ditch lights are now extremely powerful, just like I like it. I discovered several new words and turned the air blue a few times wiring up this adventure, but am pleased with the results.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Construction of the Second Spline Helix - Part 3 - DCC Testing
- need containers????
- Richlawn Railroad V2 - Layout room paint aquired along with bench work lumber
- update #4.... yard trackage!!!!
- Procrastinating or what?
- A barn at the Port Rowan team track
- Tank Car
- UPDATE #2 TRAIN ROOM #1
- NEW STUFF FROM YANKEE DABBLER
- Greening Grimes