MRH 120 day challenge, Progress report #2
Well, it took a lot of of figuring and a bit of trial and error but I made significant progress on the valance for the new layout. Pictured is one piece of what will be a two piece design. For those of you who were worried about clearance issues when building scenery and working on track, that was a good call and I designed the valance over the main portion of the layout in a two piece removable design. The framework which holds it is permanent but it's high enough that I can work under it without ducking. Just the curved valance pieces themselves will be removable and that will probably be just during the layout construction. I will most likely "permanently" attach them to the framework at some point. I'm quite pleased with how it's looking and how things are coming along.
Also got the yard tracks laid so here is a pic of that although you can't tell too much. I have some time off from work on and off over the next month so hopefully progress will continue at a good steady pace. Thanks for everyone's interest and comments are welcome.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup
- Great Northern 4-8-4 Big Boy
- 300 square inch challenge
- Industry Ave - a modular switching layout
- Stratch built plumbing supply store.
- BEST TRAIN WATCH VIDEO YET
- Recent Rolling Stock Projects
- Ronny's Pawn completes the first block of Hammerjacks
- Putting them all together
- The Colorado and Southern in Sn3