Asphalt plant for Sweethome Alabama
I was looking for an industry to put on a narrow 4ft6in by 1ft board to hide one of the two fiddle yards on Sweethome Alabama and had a Walthers Asphalt plant lying around. A little bit of research showed that these are quite common in Alabama and the raw materials required make for some interesting freight traffic - covered and open hoppers and tank cars, with the occasional box car.
After a couple of weeks work, the scenery is starting to come together as I'd envisaged, although I needed two attempts to get the backscene photo right.
Here are a few photos as it is now
I still have a way to go with the addition of weeds, vehicles, aggregate piles, weathered hoppers and figures, but it's getting there.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Ronny's Pawn completes the first block of Hammerjacks
- Putting them all together
- The Colorado and Southern in Sn3
- Building a GE 85 ton steeple cab: available for printing.
- Building turnouts N scale-Bonneville and Guadalajara RR
- Introduction & my TT-scale models
- Small Battery Powered Drill Motor
- LSR-NMRA MARKER LAMP IS ON THE STREET
- Switch-Works Rail & Frog
- Arduino based speed or light controller