Asphalt plant for Sweethome Alabama
I was looking for an industry to put on a narrow 4ft6in by 1ft board to hide one of the two fiddle yards on Sweethome Alabama and had a Walthers Asphalt plant lying around. A little bit of research showed that these are quite common in Alabama and the raw materials required make for some interesting freight traffic - covered and open hoppers and tank cars, with the occasional box car.
After a couple of weeks work, the scenery is starting to come together as I'd envisaged, although I needed two attempts to get the backscene photo right.
Here are a few photos as it is now
I still have a way to go with the addition of weeds, vehicles, aggregate piles, weathered hoppers and figures, but it's getting there.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Spur Line Express
- Another update on my micro layout
- time periods
- The mountain behind the turntable....basic plaster work done
- IAIS's West End - UP's Pool Yard
- Degree of Curvature
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment...Part Two
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment
- Condo/Loft with a model railroad: shelving/benchwork assembly
- Kato N scale Mikado