Asphalt plant for Sweethome Alabama
I was looking for an industry to put on a narrow 4ft6in by 1ft board to hide one of the two fiddle yards on Sweethome Alabama and had a Walthers Asphalt plant lying around. A little bit of research showed that these are quite common in Alabama and the raw materials required make for some interesting freight traffic - covered and open hoppers and tank cars, with the occasional box car.
After a couple of weeks work, the scenery is starting to come together as I'd envisaged, although I needed two attempts to get the backscene photo right.
Here are a few photos as it is now
I still have a way to go with the addition of weeds, vehicles, aggregate piles, weathered hoppers and figures, but it's getting there.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Starting small
- Building Crossovers with Fast Tracks Turnouts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP
- direct dcc
- Happy Easter from the Essex Terminal Rail
- Update on BNML Layout Progress - Golden Spike!