Asphalt plant for Sweethome Alabama
I was looking for an industry to put on a narrow 4ft6in by 1ft board to hide one of the two fiddle yards on Sweethome Alabama and had a Walthers Asphalt plant lying around. A little bit of research showed that these are quite common in Alabama and the raw materials required make for some interesting freight traffic - covered and open hoppers and tank cars, with the occasional box car.
After a couple of weeks work, the scenery is starting to come together as I'd envisaged, although I needed two attempts to get the backscene photo right.
Here are a few photos as it is now
I still have a way to go with the addition of weeds, vehicles, aggregate piles, weathered hoppers and figures, but it's getting there.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...
- Trackside MOW Shacks and Junk
- Building Ward's Salvage
- SMA11 – Build a MicroScene and Extend Your Hobby to Others
- Another New Structure on the New Orleans Great Northern
- My Most Recent Structure Project
- Branding the SNE stock
- Sunday Ops
- West Toronto Junction: September layout update