1925 Ingersoll Rand Boxcab in N scale?
I have struck up an email thread with a designer on Shapeways. He has designed a boxcab for multiple scales from TT to On30 scales. However, he doesn't offer anything in N scale, yet. We are emailing back and forth about him re-scaling his designs for N scale and fitting a currently available chassis. He is interested and had this idea on the back burner.
Two questions have come up which I thought I would throw out here for cussing and discussing.
If he designed it for N scale, which chassis should it be designed for? I recommended the N scale Bachmann DCC GE 44 ton chassis. According to MR it will move 12 free rolling cars on a level surface. I am not positive if this is the correct wheelbase and size for a boxcab, but I think it is very close. Any other suggestions?
The second question from him was, "Do you think there is an interest in this boxcab shell among N scalers? Here is your chance to give your 2 cents worth.
I would like to see an Ingersoll Rand 1925 Boxcab available in N scale. I know I would buy 2. What about you?
N scale 1900-1930 California Mountain railroading. (looking for a boxcab to operate on a wooden pier in a port.)
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Recent Rolling Stock Projects
- Ronny's Pawn completes the first block of Hammerjacks
- Putting them all together
- The Colorado and Southern in Sn3
- Building a GE 85 ton steeple cab: available for printing.
- Building turnouts N scale-Bonneville and Guadalajara RR
- Introduction & my TT-scale models
- Small Battery Powered Drill Motor
- LSR-NMRA MARKER LAMP IS ON THE STREET
- Switch-Works Rail & Frog