If you wanted to buy a turnout instead of making one...
I am beginning the benchwork and shortly thereafter laying the track for my staging area. I have C100 Atlas track laying around, so I think I will use it in staging and on the helix. I know I can scratch build Fast Tracks or CVT turnouts ( I intend to build CVT turnouts for the main deck of the layout), but since it is staging, I was planning on just using RTR turnouts. What manufacturer and code would you recommend? I am leaning towards Peco Code 100, but could do Walthers. I have 9 #8s and 12 #6s. I know I can transition between code 100 and code 83, but I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.
In case you were wondering this is HO, and I am using Tam Valley Depot Servos to throw the switches.
Thanks for your thoughts,
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Brauman Paper Company
- Setting your freight car standard
- Newest Projects
- B&B - An overdue update.
- Quintin Schini's M&IN Railroad, a part of INRAIL
- Help finding Smokebox Cover for Brass Mohawk
- How to prevent or minimize dust on your layout
- Simulation of hot metal and slag in a blast furnace cast house
- My new Blog
- N scale Ontario Midland in Sodus, NY with no selective compression.