If you wanted to buy a turnout instead of making one...
I am beginning the benchwork and shortly thereafter laying the track for my staging area. I have C100 Atlas track laying around, so I think I will use it in staging and on the helix. I know I can scratch build Fast Tracks or CVT turnouts ( I intend to build CVT turnouts for the main deck of the layout), but since it is staging, I was planning on just using RTR turnouts. What manufacturer and code would you recommend? I am leaning towards Peco Code 100, but could do Walthers. I have 9 #8s and 12 #6s. I know I can transition between code 100 and code 83, but I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.
In case you were wondering this is HO, and I am using Tam Valley Depot Servos to throw the switches.
Thanks for your thoughts,
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Great Northern 4-8-4 Big Boy
- 300 square inch challenge
- Industry Ave - a modular switching layout
- Stratch built plumbing supply store.
- BEST TRAIN WATCH VIDEO YET
- Recent Rolling Stock Projects
- Ronny's Pawn completes the first block of Hammerjacks
- Putting them all together
- The Colorado and Southern in Sn3
- Building a GE 85 ton steeple cab: available for printing.