Athearn's new Genesis Model - it's a GP38-2 (Video's up)
Athearn introduced it's new Genesis locomotive at the Amherst Railway Club's huge show in West Springfield, MA.
A GP38-2, it includes railroad specific details, including wide and narrow spaced radiator fans, a Canadian National Safety Cab, oil bath filter, split radiator grills, ditch lights (CN), snow shields on the air intakes, and different blower sizes.
The first four models are Southern Pacific (L-window), MoPac, CN (Safety cab), and Southern (High Hood).
Delivery is expected in late 2012, price was not specified.
Okay - the video is not of the highest quality. I shot it with my Canon T3 in front of a large crowd. Big Al Mayo was videotaping as well right beside me. That's who I'm talking to a minute or so into the video.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Middle school model RR: cutting roadbed
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 Goodbye!
- HARPERLANDIA (AN IMAGINARY PLACE?)
- Model Citizens Documentary Movie News
- Richlawn RR V2 - Palmer Structure Pieces / Parts
- Middle school model RR: cookie cutter roadbed
- ET&WNC Stoney Creek branch
- C&S Chalk Creek Branch
- Middle school model RR: spline-drawn curves
- Temporary dioramas