Do You Operate With Shelf Couplers? Recommend or not?
I've just learned about shelf couplers on another forum. I was wondering if anyone here uses them on layouts with lots of grades or mountain railroads. Are they too much of a pain to uncouple using skewers in yards, etc.? My grades are 2.7 to 2.9 and a runaway decoupled car goes a long way fast so thought about trying shelf couplers.
I'd appreciate hearing any Operations Session experiences you might be able to relate using them.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Brauman Paper Company
- Setting your freight car standard
- Newest Projects
- B&B - An overdue update.
- Quintin Schini's M&IN Railroad, a part of INRAIL
- Help finding Smokebox Cover for Brass Mohawk
- How to prevent or minimize dust on your layout
- Simulation of hot metal and slag in a blast furnace cast house
- My new Blog
- N scale Ontario Midland in Sodus, NY with no selective compression.