MANUAL TURNOUT CONTROLS
I'll say this upfront. This is another one of those data mining threads!!
Need some ideas on deciding what type of controls I want to use for my manual turnouts. Scale is HO (not sure if that matters at all), but the idea is to maintain as pure and realistic a scene as possible, but still get the feel of bending steel and operating a switch vice pushing a button, etc. I am hoping to get some of your real world applications on your layouts, and PICTURES would be most helpful!
From my research, I am leaning towards Caboose ground throws brought out to the layout edge, such as on the Green Bay and Western, http://www.youtube.com/user/rockton160807#p/u/4/eurHjRjbm8A , or on Andy Keeney’s Nashville Road. Additional, "cleaner", options would be to use Hump Yard controls, or any of the Bullfrog/Blue Point type fascia solutions.
Anyway, I hope you all will show me your installations and help give me an idea of what is possible.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Grain elevator fun
- layout update / new castle turn . Operation
- UP Caliente Theme Sub division HO Scale
- Dremel 3d printer announced
- N-scale Santa Fe Blue Goose Upgraded to DCC Sound
- Model Railroad Club of Toronto... a year into the rebuilding process
- One step forward, how many more steps back?
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...
- Trackside MOW Shacks and Junk