Another one for the beginners - DC vs. DCC
There's a lot of hype out there. There's a lot of noise. I've seen some posts on this and other forums asking for a little clarification about things, especially DCC. I've also seen a lot of folks who seem to say that you have to go with DCC these days, or go home. Beginners should start with DCC, and not even look at the old DC controls. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...
So how about a statement about what you like, and why? Keep it simple, keep it to the point. Imagine you're a new modeler, or one looking at the possibility of converting to DCC because of all those nice sound equipped engines. What would you like to know before making the decision?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Quintin Schini's M&IN Railroad, a part of INRAIL
- Help finding Smokebox Cover for Brass Mohawk
- How to prevent or minimize dust on your layout
- Simulation of hot metal and slag in a blast furnace cast house
- My new Blog
- N scale Ontario Midland in Sodus, NY with no selective compression.
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup, Part 2
- PAINTING BACKDROPS FOR LARGE LAYOUTS
- Making Ditch Lights
- FWWR, Everman Branch Job