Another one for the beginners - DC vs. DCC
There's a lot of hype out there. There's a lot of noise. I've seen some posts on this and other forums asking for a little clarification about things, especially DCC. I've also seen a lot of folks who seem to say that you have to go with DCC these days, or go home. Beginners should start with DCC, and not even look at the old DC controls. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...
So how about a statement about what you like, and why? Keep it simple, keep it to the point. Imagine you're a new modeler, or one looking at the possibility of converting to DCC because of all those nice sound equipped engines. What would you like to know before making the decision?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Grimes Line Final Presentation
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds
- Mathy timespackle
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress
- Cleveland 2014 - Saturday/Sunday Day 2/3 of the NTS - Part II