Another one for the beginners - DC vs. DCC
There's a lot of hype out there. There's a lot of noise. I've seen some posts on this and other forums asking for a little clarification about things, especially DCC. I've also seen a lot of folks who seem to say that you have to go with DCC these days, or go home. Beginners should start with DCC, and not even look at the old DC controls. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...
So how about a statement about what you like, and why? Keep it simple, keep it to the point. Imagine you're a new modeler, or one looking at the possibility of converting to DCC because of all those nice sound equipped engines. What would you like to know before making the decision?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Introducing the Milan branch of the Iowa Interstate
- MID SOUTH MODEL RR CLUB UPDATE
- Single-knob X-Over Control Using Bullfrogs
- where my layout idea is from
- Starting small
- Building Crossovers with Fast Tracks Turnouts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update