Another one for the beginners - DC vs. DCC
There's a lot of hype out there. There's a lot of noise. I've seen some posts on this and other forums asking for a little clarification about things, especially DCC. I've also seen a lot of folks who seem to say that you have to go with DCC these days, or go home. Beginners should start with DCC, and not even look at the old DC controls. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera...
So how about a statement about what you like, and why? Keep it simple, keep it to the point. Imagine you're a new modeler, or one looking at the possibility of converting to DCC because of all those nice sound equipped engines. What would you like to know before making the decision?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Another update on my micro layout
- time periods
- The mountain behind the turntable....basic plaster work done
- IAIS's West End - UP's Pool Yard
- Degree of Curvature
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment...Part Two
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment
- Condo/Loft with a model railroad: shelving/benchwork assembly
- Kato N scale Mikado
- HO Scale New Orleans Streetcars at LAST!