N scale: code 40 rail and wheels
Let's suppose that I am an N-scaler who wants to play around with hand laying track and let's further suppose that code 40 rail has caught my eye. What sort of headaches can I anticipate regarding wheels? Do wheels that meet the NMRA RP-25 spec run okay on code 40 track? It's easy enough to swap out trucks on rolling stock, but locos can be a bit more involved. Do you code 40 folks slave over locos to get them to ride the rails and not the ties? (I've recently seen the manufacturer write ups for a couple of locomotives proudly state that they can run on code 55 rail! Hmm...) Are certain manufacturers of rolling stock and/or locos known to be good out of the box and not need modification?
Like I said, just supposin'...
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- HARPERLANDIA (AN IMAGINARY PLACE?)
- Model Citizens Documentary Movie News
- Richlawn RR V2 - Palmer Structure Pieces / Parts
- Middle school model RR: cookie cutter roadbed
- ET&WNC Stoney Creek branch
- C&S Chalk Creek Branch
- Middle school model RR: spline-drawn curves
- Temporary dioramas
- Cripple Creek Bridge First Train
- Coal Loader Part 2