N scale: code 40 rail and wheels
Let's suppose that I am an N-scaler who wants to play around with hand laying track and let's further suppose that code 40 rail has caught my eye. What sort of headaches can I anticipate regarding wheels? Do wheels that meet the NMRA RP-25 spec run okay on code 40 track? It's easy enough to swap out trucks on rolling stock, but locos can be a bit more involved. Do you code 40 folks slave over locos to get them to ride the rails and not the ties? (I've recently seen the manufacturer write ups for a couple of locomotives proudly state that they can run on code 55 rail! Hmm...) Are certain manufacturers of rolling stock and/or locos known to be good out of the box and not need modification?
Like I said, just supposin'...
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Pembroke: Installation Day!
- Grimes Line Final Presentation
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds
- Mathy timespackle
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress