Make 200 ft $170.00 of Beveled Scale Homasote Roadbed from 1- $26.00 4X8 sheet of Homasote
Ten years ago I found this following web site that explains how to cut and make your own Homasote roadbed.
The main tool required is a Table saw and if you don't have access to one that's OK check out the web site anyway as there is tons of great information on Layout Construction by Craig Bisgeier and the Housatonic Railroad Company.
This is Not a site that sells product it just tells you how to build models and bench work as well as a great Model Railroad Craig has built.
On this site is literally Tons of helpful FREE How to projects from building your own turntable, Casting Car sides and body's, building bench work and painting back drops To my all time favorite making $170.00 of Homasote roadbed from a single 4 X 8 sheet of Homasote.
The make your own Homasote step by step Web pages are at -- http://www.housatonicrr.com/DIY_Roadbed.htm
Craigs Main site with tons of free helpful hints -- http://www.housatonicrr.com/Index.htm
I know somebody will find this information as useful as I did.
Rio Grande Dan
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- "Heritage" Cars W/Heralds
- Railroad Heralds to Inspire
- Inglenook orientation continues
- Design & Construction of a Test Layout
- Just a taste to whet their interest
- Forced Perspective
- Just an update on what I have been doing.
- It started with an Inglenook
- Richlawn RR V2 - new source for FREE tree armatures (for me...and maybe you?)
- Dallas & Western HO Model Railroad