Bridge Design with drawings
Working away on my lift bridge - lighthouse combo project and decided that I wanted to handlay track on the bridge rather than use the solid deck that came with in the box. Pretty sure that railway lift bridges did not have their track on a solid surface.
Anyway stumbled on this site: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-34-343/chap4.htm
From of all places military information for global security. Who would have thunk it.
Anyway got a great drawing of a cross section of a rail bridge with dimensions. Lots of stuff that would be helpful to anyone building a bridge.
Will post some pics of my bridge project as it progresses.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Progress Update - The Twins
- SMA10 – Build a 17-Function DCC Decoder for about $5
- Cool CN lashup with slug and GMD-1
- Bridges on the Grande Pacific Railroad Instulation
- Revamping a track plan that didn't work out!
- In surprising Support of Bachmann
- Lift Out Bridges KISS
- South Park Stock Car Review
- "Heritage" Rolling Stock