83 All the Way?
I am looking over my track plan with an eye to starting to purchase rail. Aside from asthetics, is there any real advantage to having Code 83 for the mainline and, say, Code 70 for the yards and sidings? Is there that much visual differnce once ballast, landscaping etc. is added? What about availability of various switches etc.? Cost? Transitioning? Your thoughts would be appreciated as always.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- My new Blog
- N scale Ontario Midland in Sodus, NY with no selective compression.
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup, Part 2
- PAINTING BACKDROPS FOR LARGE LAYOUTS
- Making Ditch Lights
- FWWR, Everman Branch Job
- Prototype vs. Freelance
- Workin' on the Warehouse
- Locomotives of the E. St. Louis RailGroup
- Great Northern 4-8-4 Big Boy