OK, benchwork is 90% complete and I am soon ready for homosote and a backdrop. I'm looking for ideas for a lightwieght, low cost backdrop surface I can paint sky blue and airbrush clouds while adding cut-out scenery to the surface for depth illusion. Some have suggested luan and others are proponents of thin plywood - but that seems a bit heavy to me. The layout is a point-to-point which covers 20 feet with a gentle curve to the right after 8 feet.
Ideas? Suggestions? Experiences? Perhaps something that could be used for lightweight facia as well? Targeted backdrop height is 24 inches from the bench top.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...
- Trackside MOW Shacks and Junk
- Building Ward's Salvage
- SMA11 – Build a MicroScene and Extend Your Hobby to Others
- Another New Structure on the New Orleans Great Northern
- My Most Recent Structure Project
- Branding the SNE stock
- Sunday Ops
- West Toronto Junction: September layout update