OK, benchwork is 90% complete and I am soon ready for homosote and a backdrop. I'm looking for ideas for a lightwieght, low cost backdrop surface I can paint sky blue and airbrush clouds while adding cut-out scenery to the surface for depth illusion. Some have suggested luan and others are proponents of thin plywood - but that seems a bit heavy to me. The layout is a point-to-point which covers 20 feet with a gentle curve to the right after 8 feet.
Ideas? Suggestions? Experiences? Perhaps something that could be used for lightweight facia as well? Targeted backdrop height is 24 inches from the bench top.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- FEC Boxcar
- Middle school model RR: cutting roadbed
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 Goodbye!
- HARPERLANDIA (AN IMAGINARY PLACE?)
- Model Citizens Documentary Movie News
- Richlawn RR V2 - Palmer Structure Pieces / Parts
- Middle school model RR: cookie cutter roadbed
- ET&WNC Stoney Creek branch
- C&S Chalk Creek Branch
- Middle school model RR: spline-drawn curves