Adhesive for Gluing Foam Board to Plywood
I'm about to start gluing down 2" extruded foamboard to my plywood bench top. I've been researching both the MRH and MR archives to try to find the best adhesive for this job, without much success. I've seen mentioned Liquid Nails for Projects, the type specifically for foamboard (LN-604), PL300 foamboard adhesive, ordinary acrylic latex caulk and yellow carpenter's glue.
If you've used any of these adhesives to glue foamboard to plywood, I'd appreciate hearing about your experience and opinion on those you've used. One reference I read stated that they had a problem with the Liquid Nails product coming loose after about two years.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- MID SOUTH MODEL RR CLUB UPDATE
- Single-knob X-Over Control Using Bullfrogs
- where my layout idea is from
- Starting small
- Building Crossovers with Fast Tracks Turnouts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP