Adhesive for Gluing Foam Board to Plywood
I'm about to start gluing down 2" extruded foamboard to my plywood bench top. I've been researching both the MRH and MR archives to try to find the best adhesive for this job, without much success. I've seen mentioned Liquid Nails for Projects, the type specifically for foamboard (LN-604), PL300 foamboard adhesive, ordinary acrylic latex caulk and yellow carpenter's glue.
If you've used any of these adhesives to glue foamboard to plywood, I'd appreciate hearing about your experience and opinion on those you've used. One reference I read stated that they had a problem with the Liquid Nails product coming loose after about two years.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- FRANK MILOTTE'S OTTAWA NORTHERN & WESTERN RAILWAY
- Honest Joe's
- Cuyahoga River Bridge - Part 3
- Update on BNML Layout Progress
- JL&T Railroad Blog - Change is comming...
- Central California Traction
- Help programing a DIY DCC Servo Function decoder with JMRI - Work on the DCC uncoupler car continues
- Send Picture testing
- Modeler’s License
- My brand new shelf layout