33.5" radius HO Helix?
If my math is right a 33.5" radius helix with 4" separation is just shy of a 2% grade. I have found several formula for effective grade each yielding slightly different results but all seem to work out to be somewhere around 2.5%.
From your experience would a 33.5" radius helix be reasonably trouble free with 6 axle diesel, 50' rolling stock, 16 car train length, and track work that is up to par?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP
- direct dcc
- Happy Easter from the Essex Terminal Rail
- Update on BNML Layout Progress - Golden Spike!
- The tree-eating Lynn Valley
- Two Monsters waiting for service.