33.5" radius HO Helix?
If my math is right a 33.5" radius helix with 4" separation is just shy of a 2% grade. I have found several formula for effective grade each yielding slightly different results but all seem to work out to be somewhere around 2.5%.
From your experience would a 33.5" radius helix be reasonably trouble free with 6 axle diesel, 50' rolling stock, 16 car train length, and track work that is up to par?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Grain elevator fun
- layout update / new castle turn . Operation
- UP Caliente Theme Sub division HO Scale
- Dremel 3d printer announced
- N-scale Santa Fe Blue Goose Upgraded to DCC Sound
- Model Railroad Club of Toronto... a year into the rebuilding process
- One step forward, how many more steps back?
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...
- Trackside MOW Shacks and Junk