33.5" radius HO Helix?
If my math is right a 33.5" radius helix with 4" separation is just shy of a 2% grade. I have found several formula for effective grade each yielding slightly different results but all seem to work out to be somewhere around 2.5%.
From your experience would a 33.5" radius helix be reasonably trouble free with 6 axle diesel, 50' rolling stock, 16 car train length, and track work that is up to par?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress
- Cleveland 2014 - Saturday/Sunday Day 2/3 of the NTS - Part II
- Thing-a-week locomotive finished...a little too late, but finished...
- More Railroad Heralds
- Action on the Inglenook
- The club blog
- Submissions for articles from 2014 NMRA model contest
- Masonite Glue?
- The Milton and Dorchester RR
- "Heritage" Cars W/Heralds