33.5" radius HO Helix?
If my math is right a 33.5" radius helix with 4" separation is just shy of a 2% grade. I have found several formula for effective grade each yielding slightly different results but all seem to work out to be somewhere around 2.5%.
From your experience would a 33.5" radius helix be reasonably trouble free with 6 axle diesel, 50' rolling stock, 16 car train length, and track work that is up to par?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Switching Layout - Take Two
- Shortening a Difco to make two types of Western Side dumps
- Charles City Western Ry passenger shelter
- SoundTraxx Tsunami
- Uintah Rwy Boxcar
- 1900 models - pickle cars
- 1900 models - a Colorado Midland reefer
- Remote Controlled Locos Signs
- 1900 models - a furniture boxcar