33.5" radius HO Helix?
If my math is right a 33.5" radius helix with 4" separation is just shy of a 2% grade. I have found several formula for effective grade each yielding slightly different results but all seem to work out to be somewhere around 2.5%.
From your experience would a 33.5" radius helix be reasonably trouble free with 6 axle diesel, 50' rolling stock, 16 car train length, and track work that is up to par?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Middle school model RR: the golden spike
- Bridges, Bridges and More B.....
- Saga of the Slate Fork Branch
- Pembroke: Staging
- IAIS's West End - "Is this Heaven?"
- Watching Video on Android Tablet
- Homasote curved roadbed filler
- FEC Boxcar
- Middle school model RR: cutting roadbed
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 Goodbye!