BLMA 64' Trinity Reefer - new photos
Craig Martyn posted a photo of the HO and N Scale test shots of one of BLMA's next freight cars - the 64' Trinity Refrigerated Boxcar - over at the BLMA page on Facebook a couple of days ago. So I asked him if he had any additional photos of the reefers that I could post here - and he did.
The prototype 64' (inside length) Trinity Reefer was introduced in 2003, although the specific prototype for this model came out in 2005. The model features Kadee #158 extended shank couplers (HO) and Micro-Trains body mount couplers (N), fine scale wheels in both HO and N Scale, and 24 road numbers in the prototype's Union Pacifc ARMN reporting mark - enough for a respectable length unit train. At $24.95 for the N Scale model and $29.95 for the HO Scale model, these cars are scheduled to be here in the 2nd quarter of 2011. More information and a downloadable flyer can be found at the BLMA Website.
Photos link to full size photos on my home website.
Additionally, you can see a video of the cars in action at Railex in Delano, CA here:
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Great Northern 4-8-4 Big Boy
- 300 square inch challenge
- Industry Ave - a modular switching layout
- Stratch built plumbing supply store.
- BEST TRAIN WATCH VIDEO YET
- Recent Rolling Stock Projects
- Ronny's Pawn completes the first block of Hammerjacks
- Putting them all together
- The Colorado and Southern in Sn3
- Building a GE 85 ton steeple cab: available for printing.