Funicular Railways - Out of Curiosity
Just wondering (my sister and brother-in-law were in the Pittsburg PA area awhile back and visited one) - has anyone you know of modeled a funicular ("funny peculiar" ? - no, it really is a term applied to inclined plane railways). The one they saw crosses over the Allegheny Mountains. Here is a link to one information rich page:
Being from Los Angeles/Los Angeles County, I rode on the "Angels Flight" railway in downtown Los Angeles when a young boy (too many years ago). It may be the shortest inclined railway in existence.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Another update on my micro layout
- time periods
- The mountain behind the turntable....basic plaster work done
- IAIS's West End - UP's Pool Yard
- Degree of Curvature
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment...Part Two
- Detailing HO scale commuter equipment
- Condo/Loft with a model railroad: shelving/benchwork assembly
- Kato N scale Mikado
- HO Scale New Orleans Streetcars at LAST!