Funicular Railways - Out of Curiosity
Just wondering (my sister and brother-in-law were in the Pittsburg PA area awhile back and visited one) - has anyone you know of modeled a funicular ("funny peculiar" ? - no, it really is a term applied to inclined plane railways). The one they saw crosses over the Allegheny Mountains. Here is a link to one information rich page:
Being from Los Angeles/Los Angeles County, I rode on the "Angels Flight" railway in downtown Los Angeles when a young boy (too many years ago). It may be the shortest inclined railway in existence.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds
- Mathy timespackle
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress
- Cleveland 2014 - Saturday/Sunday Day 2/3 of the NTS - Part II
- Thing-a-week locomotive finished...a little too late, but finished...