Funicular Railways - Out of Curiosity
Just wondering (my sister and brother-in-law were in the Pittsburg PA area awhile back and visited one) - has anyone you know of modeled a funicular ("funny peculiar" ? - no, it really is a term applied to inclined plane railways). The one they saw crosses over the Allegheny Mountains. Here is a link to one information rich page:
Being from Los Angeles/Los Angeles County, I rode on the "Angels Flight" railway in downtown Los Angeles when a young boy (too many years ago). It may be the shortest inclined railway in existence.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Honest Joe's
- Cuyahoga River Bridge - Part 3
- Update on BNML Layout Progress
- JL&T Railroad Blog - Change is comming...
- Central California Traction
- Help programing a DIY DCC Servo Function decoder with JMRI - Work on the DCC uncoupler car continues
- Send Picture testing
- Modeler’s License
- My brand new shelf layout
- Just when you thought you have seen it all (track design)