Funicular Railways - Out of Curiosity
Just wondering (my sister and brother-in-law were in the Pittsburg PA area awhile back and visited one) - has anyone you know of modeled a funicular ("funny peculiar" ? - no, it really is a term applied to inclined plane railways). The one they saw crosses over the Allegheny Mountains. Here is a link to one information rich page:
Being from Los Angeles/Los Angeles County, I rode on the "Angels Flight" railway in downtown Los Angeles when a young boy (too many years ago). It may be the shortest inclined railway in existence.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Saga of the Slate Fork Branch
- Pembroke: Staging
- IAIS's West End - "Is this Heaven?"
- Watching Video on Android Tablet
- Homasote curved roadbed filler
- FEC Boxcar
- Middle school model RR: cutting roadbed
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 Goodbye!
- HARPERLANDIA (AN IMAGINARY PLACE?)
- Model Citizens Documentary Movie News