Emergency Exit from 2nd Floor Layout Space...Ladders or Stairs?
As I design the expansion of our home, and planning the layout design that will fit in the new space, I am faced with a question that could impact the layout design significantly, and that is Emergency exits. There is the primary exit which is located close to the middle of the space, but I would like at least 2 other exit points and if I use traditional stairs, it will take up more space versus ladders. But then I need to consider the usefullness of the emergency exit points, that is, will people be able to use the ladders???? It's rather pointless to have them, if some or several people would be able to traverse them. Any thoughts?????
Ken Leaver, Jr.
President/CEO, Pennsylvania & Allegheny RR, circa 1953
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Ronny's Pawn completes the first block of Hammerjacks
- Putting them all together
- The Colorado and Southern in Sn3
- Building a GE 85 ton steeple cab: available for printing.
- Building turnouts N scale-Bonneville and Guadalajara RR
- Introduction & my TT-scale models
- Small Battery Powered Drill Motor
- LSR-NMRA MARKER LAMP IS ON THE STREET
- Switch-Works Rail & Frog
- Arduino based speed or light controller