Emergency Exit from 2nd Floor Layout Space...Ladders or Stairs?
As I design the expansion of our home, and planning the layout design that will fit in the new space, I am faced with a question that could impact the layout design significantly, and that is Emergency exits. There is the primary exit which is located close to the middle of the space, but I would like at least 2 other exit points and if I use traditional stairs, it will take up more space versus ladders. But then I need to consider the usefullness of the emergency exit points, that is, will people be able to use the ladders???? It's rather pointless to have them, if some or several people would be able to traverse them. Any thoughts?????
Ken Leaver, Jr.
President/CEO, Pennsylvania & Allegheny RR, circa 1953
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Progress Update - The Twins
- SMA10 – Build a 17-Function DCC Decoder for about $5
- Cool CN lashup with slug and GMD-1
- Bridges on the Grande Pacific Railroad Instulation
- Revamping a track plan that didn't work out!
- In surprising Support of Bachmann
- Lift Out Bridges KISS
- South Park Stock Car Review
- "Heritage" Rolling Stock