Emergency Exit from 2nd Floor Layout Space...Ladders or Stairs?
As I design the expansion of our home, and planning the layout design that will fit in the new space, I am faced with a question that could impact the layout design significantly, and that is Emergency exits. There is the primary exit which is located close to the middle of the space, but I would like at least 2 other exit points and if I use traditional stairs, it will take up more space versus ladders. But then I need to consider the usefullness of the emergency exit points, that is, will people be able to use the ladders???? It's rather pointless to have them, if some or several people would be able to traverse them. Any thoughts?????
Ken Leaver, Jr.
President/CEO, Pennsylvania & Allegheny RR, circa 1953
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Changes coming to the E&SG
- Middle school model RR: the space
- Pembroke: Installation Day!
- Grimes Line Final Presentation
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds