Scratch-building tips, anyone?
I would like to undertake the scratch-building of some diesel locomotive (more than likely, using a blueprint from an old Model Railroader) and I would like to ask for any help before investing. Would anyone have any tips, tricks, or bygone basic knowledge I will (or may) need?
I plan on doing something small (like an NW-2) first, them graduating to larger locomotives (like a few B40-8s).
Any information regarding scratch-building would be apretiated
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- VTR - North Bennington Div - Working Ground Throws
- VTR - North Bennington Div - benchwork
- UP Visits the Sue Lines
- Vermont Railway - North Bennington Division - Layout concept and overview
- CMRI Emulation on a Launchpad (MPS430)
- Choo Choo Nuts: New LHS in Lancaster, PA.
- Bring your own locomotive night
- Lights, Camera, Action!
- Great Kit Assembly Video