Scratch-building tips, anyone?
I would like to undertake the scratch-building of some diesel locomotive (more than likely, using a blueprint from an old Model Railroader) and I would like to ask for any help before investing. Would anyone have any tips, tricks, or bygone basic knowledge I will (or may) need?
I plan on doing something small (like an NW-2) first, them graduating to larger locomotives (like a few B40-8s).
Any information regarding scratch-building would be apretiated
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Progress Update - The Twins
- SMA10 – Build a 17-Function DCC Decoder for about $5
- Cool CN lashup with slug and GMD-1
- Bridges on the Grande Pacific Railroad Instulation
- Revamping a track plan that didn't work out!
- In surprising Support of Bachmann
- Lift Out Bridges KISS
- South Park Stock Car Review
- "Heritage" Rolling Stock