How do you prepare the plastic model for painting
I've just starting using water-based paints instead of my old standard: Floquil. From all I've read concerning acrylics, there is great emphasis on washing in detergent and water. (I've usually used solvent alcohol to remove oils.) My concern is not so much with solid structures like buildings, but with fragile structures like bridges and towers: anything that is more truss than solid surface. I'm getting quite a line of projects on my shelf, that need paint.
So the question is: What do you do to prepare models for painting? Problems? Cautions?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- The PENSY AND READING RAILROADS HO 2014
- FACEBOOK COMES TO GRANDE PACIFIC
- Algonquin Railway Gondolas
- TRAIN ARRIVING TOWN
- ATSF Paradigm Division - Staging Level Construction Update 1
- new photos
- Initial Kawartha Lakes Railway Operating Session
- Weathering Boxcars
- ATSF Paradigm Division Track Plans
- Sound player