How do you prepare the plastic model for painting
I've just starting using water-based paints instead of my old standard: Floquil. From all I've read concerning acrylics, there is great emphasis on washing in detergent and water. (I've usually used solvent alcohol to remove oils.) My concern is not so much with solid structures like buildings, but with fragile structures like bridges and towers: anything that is more truss than solid surface. I'm getting quite a line of projects on my shelf, that need paint.
So the question is: What do you do to prepare models for painting? Problems? Cautions?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP
- direct dcc
- Happy Easter from the Essex Terminal Rail
- Update on BNML Layout Progress - Golden Spike!
- The tree-eating Lynn Valley
- Two Monsters waiting for service.