How do you prepare the plastic model for painting
I've just starting using water-based paints instead of my old standard: Floquil. From all I've read concerning acrylics, there is great emphasis on washing in detergent and water. (I've usually used solvent alcohol to remove oils.) My concern is not so much with solid structures like buildings, but with fragile structures like bridges and towers: anything that is more truss than solid surface. I'm getting quite a line of projects on my shelf, that need paint.
So the question is: What do you do to prepare models for painting? Problems? Cautions?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Grain elevator fun
- layout update / new castle turn . Operation
- UP Caliente Theme Sub division HO Scale
- Dremel 3d printer announced
- N-scale Santa Fe Blue Goose Upgraded to DCC Sound
- Model Railroad Club of Toronto... a year into the rebuilding process
- One step forward, how many more steps back?
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...
- Trackside MOW Shacks and Junk