Structures for our layout
For our ON30 narrow gauge layout we are building some structures to help set the scene. The layout is very loosely based on the DRGW during the summer of 1940. The small portion of the railroad we are modeling is from Chama to Antonito. The layout is for fun and is not meant to be a museum quality diorama. It is to run trains on, have a lot of fun, and maybe if possible make it look like some of the scenes along the right of way. Anyhow here are some of the structures. Comments good or bad are always welcomed (might be ignored but always welcomed!) Russ
Below:Chama Coaling tower (still needs some details)
Below: Typical DRGW section house (need 8 of these)
Below: Roundhouse, freelance design.
Below: Oil House at Chama, storage for lubricants and some other volatiles.
Below: Mass produced water towers (need 7)
Below: Sandhouse at Chama
Below: Original depot at Cumbres Pass
Below: Just added the Gramps Oil dock at Chama
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Denver Union Station and Rice yard
- Grain elevator fun
- layout update / new castle turn . Operation
- UP Caliente Theme Sub division HO Scale
- Dremel 3d printer announced
- N-scale Santa Fe Blue Goose Upgraded to DCC Sound
- Model Railroad Club of Toronto... a year into the rebuilding process
- One step forward, how many more steps back?
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...