Structures for our layout
For our ON30 narrow gauge layout we are building some structures to help set the scene. The layout is very loosely based on the DRGW during the summer of 1940. The small portion of the railroad we are modeling is from Chama to Antonito. The layout is for fun and is not meant to be a museum quality diorama. It is to run trains on, have a lot of fun, and maybe if possible make it look like some of the scenes along the right of way. Anyhow here are some of the structures. Comments good or bad are always welcomed (might be ignored but always welcomed!) Russ
Below:Chama Coaling tower (still needs some details)
Below: Typical DRGW section house (need 8 of these)
Below: Roundhouse, freelance design.
Below: Oil House at Chama, storage for lubricants and some other volatiles.
Below: Mass produced water towers (need 7)
Below: Sandhouse at Chama
Below: Original depot at Cumbres Pass
Below: Just added the Gramps Oil dock at Chama
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Middle school model RR: cutting roadbed
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 Goodbye!
- HARPERLANDIA (AN IMAGINARY PLACE?)
- Model Citizens Documentary Movie News
- Richlawn RR V2 - Palmer Structure Pieces / Parts
- Middle school model RR: cookie cutter roadbed
- ET&WNC Stoney Creek branch
- C&S Chalk Creek Branch
- Middle school model RR: spline-drawn curves
- Temporary dioramas