Useage of Homasote (advanced techniques?)
I am looking for experience with the use of homasote. Has anyone used a router to create roadbed elevation? I currently have hand laid track on homosote. I would like to create a beveled edge to look like the track is elevated that is without removing the track. In fact I would like to use the track as the router guide by creating a fixture to attach on the router. Maybe there are others who have thought about this similarly and or even given it a try. Before I get started. I have to ask has anyone ever tried using a router for this. If so what did you learn? Would you share your successful ideas and any information on setting up fixtures for the process?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Middle school model RR: the golden spike
- Bridges, Bridges and More B.....
- Saga of the Slate Fork Branch
- Pembroke: Staging
- IAIS's West End - "Is this Heaven?"
- Watching Video on Android Tablet
- Homasote curved roadbed filler
- FEC Boxcar
- Middle school model RR: cutting roadbed
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 Goodbye!