Useage of Homasote (advanced techniques?)
I am looking for experience with the use of homasote. Has anyone used a router to create roadbed elevation? I currently have hand laid track on homosote. I would like to create a beveled edge to look like the track is elevated that is without removing the track. In fact I would like to use the track as the router guide by creating a fixture to attach on the router. Maybe there are others who have thought about this similarly and or even given it a try. Before I get started. I have to ask has anyone ever tried using a router for this. If so what did you learn? Would you share your successful ideas and any information on setting up fixtures for the process?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- A realistic tender coal load for sound
- Sugar Beet Factory Switching Fun
- FRANK MILOTTE'S OTTAWA NORTHERN & WESTERN RAILWAY
- Honest Joe's
- Cuyahoga River Bridge - Part 3
- Update on BNML Layout Progress
- JL&T Railroad Blog - Change is comming...
- Central California Traction
- Help programing a DIY DCC Servo Function decoder with JMRI - Work on the DCC uncoupler car continues