Useage of Homasote (advanced techniques?)
I am looking for experience with the use of homasote. Has anyone used a router to create roadbed elevation? I currently have hand laid track on homosote. I would like to create a beveled edge to look like the track is elevated that is without removing the track. In fact I would like to use the track as the router guide by creating a fixture to attach on the router. Maybe there are others who have thought about this similarly and or even given it a try. Before I get started. I have to ask has anyone ever tried using a router for this. If so what did you learn? Would you share your successful ideas and any information on setting up fixtures for the process?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Starting small
- Building Crossovers with Fast Tracks Turnouts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP
- direct dcc
- Happy Easter from the Essex Terminal Rail
- Update on BNML Layout Progress - Golden Spike!