What is the average lifespan of a railroad car?
Can anyone tell me what the average lifespan of the different types of railroad cars are?
E.g. Boxcars, Tankers, Hoppers etc..
My latyout is set in the year 2000 and although I'm no rivet counter, I would like to keep the cars pretty prototypical for the era.
I'm thinking that cars from the 70's would be fine and also ideal for some of the more extreme weathering, but everything I've read on tinternet seems to be giving conflicting results of exactly how long the different types of cars are in service for before having to be mandatorily retired..
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- UP Caliente Theme Sub division HO Scale
- Dremel 3d printer announced
- N-scale Santa Fe Blue Goose Upgraded to DCC Sound
- Model Railroad Club of Toronto... a year into the rebuilding process
- One step forward, how many more steps back?
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...
- Trackside MOW Shacks and Junk
- Building Ward's Salvage
- SMA11 – Build a MicroScene and Extend Your Hobby to Others