Early Rail Equippment
Today I am starting a series titled "Early Rail Equipment" These cars are a hobby within a hobby for me. This series will feature cars and locomotives I either scratchbuilt or purchased from Westerfield, Sunshine Models, Roundhouse or Funaro & Camerlengo. Most of the cars I scratchbuilt. My collection covers the period from 1880-1920. Photo #1-Midland Valley is a scratchbuilt car representing a railroad that operated in Texas. I believe the decals are from Austin Modeling Associates. Photo #2-Toledo Ann Arbor & North Michigan (later renamed the Ann Arbor RR) is a Roundhouse car I decaled. Note the unique key herald. Photo #3-The Peavey Grain car I scratchbuilt. Photo #4-The International & Great Northern Beer & Ice car I scratchbuilt. Check out more cars tomorrow. Yours, Elvin Howland/E. St. Louis Rail Group Layout
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Pembroke: Installation Day!
- Grimes Line Final Presentation
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern
- Electric/Interurban Heralds
- Mathy timespackle
- More Island Model Works South Shore/NICTD Build Progress