video of train vs. tornado
We model a lot of things but rarely do I see modeling of foul weather, particularly of the destructive kind. Probably a good reason for that. It would be very hard on the rolling stock.
Here's a video that give credence to that. It claims to be video of a train that tangles with a tornado to the detriment of the train. I'm inclined to believe that's what happened. In any case it's an amazing perspective of things going terribly, terribly wrong out on the mainline. I really like the camera perspective out the cab of the last engine in the consist looking toward the freight cars.
www.youtube.com/watch (action picks up at about 1:00)
The video offers no details about the railroad or the location or when it happened. Can any of you good readers can provide more information on this incident?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Boy in Berlin states he lived in woods for 5 years
- Changes coming to the E&SG
- Middle school model RR: the space
- Pembroke: Installation Day!
- Grimes Line Final Presentation
- Finding rare gems...
- Safety First on the Trenton Subdivision in N Scale
- Cleveland 2014 - Thursday, Day 5 - Setup for the Train Show
- MEC and B&M Scenic Ongoing Progress
- Flirting with the Sacramento Northern