video of train vs. tornado
We model a lot of things but rarely do I see modeling of foul weather, particularly of the destructive kind. Probably a good reason for that. It would be very hard on the rolling stock.
Here's a video that give credence to that. It claims to be video of a train that tangles with a tornado to the detriment of the train. I'm inclined to believe that's what happened. In any case it's an amazing perspective of things going terribly, terribly wrong out on the mainline. I really like the camera perspective out the cab of the last engine in the consist looking toward the freight cars.
www.youtube.com/watch (action picks up at about 1:00)
The video offers no details about the railroad or the location or when it happened. Can any of you good readers can provide more information on this incident?
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- A visit to the Wiskey Central
- Richlawn RR V2 - Background hills rock coloring & foliage
- Scratchbuilt Gantry Crane/Yard Lights
- N&W Pokey District, Sub 1 3/4 New Update
- HO Scale Police Vehicle with Flashing LED Lights - OPP
- direct dcc
- Happy Easter from the Essex Terminal Rail
- Update on BNML Layout Progress - Golden Spike!
- The tree-eating Lynn Valley
- Two Monsters waiting for service.