Spiral Hill Hopper makes it to the Midwest on the S scale Great Plains Northern
A few weeks ago, a coal hopper lettered for the Spiral Hill railroad was spotted on Roy Hoffman's S scale Pennsylvania based layout. Seems as though the hopper has made it South of the Chicago area to the coal fields in Illinois. Here it is in a Milwaukee Road yard.
A week later it's empty and being moved via the Chicago Northwestern Road near Aberdeen, South Dakota. Photo #2
Just yesterday it is now as part of a Soo Line train headed into the coal fields of North Dakota. It was most likely interchanged with the CNW at Oakes, Norther Dakota.
The Spiral Hill road is owned by Frank Titman. Franks layout was seen in Tracks Ahead and In a past issue of Great Model Railroads.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Painting Backdrops You Can Do It
- Progress Update
- A ballast pit for the HBR
- Colorado Central MOW
- Atlas S2 DCC Decoder Install
- Progress Update - The Twins
- SMA10 – Build a 17-Function DCC Decoder for about $5
- Cool CN lashup with slug and GMD-1
- Bridges on the Grande Pacific Railroad Instulation
- Revamping a track plan that didn't work out!