Spiral Hill Hopper makes it to the Midwest on the S scale Great Plains Northern
A few weeks ago, a coal hopper lettered for the Spiral Hill railroad was spotted on Roy Hoffman's S scale Pennsylvania based layout. Seems as though the hopper has made it South of the Chicago area to the coal fields in Illinois. Here it is in a Milwaukee Road yard.
A week later it's empty and being moved via the Chicago Northwestern Road near Aberdeen, South Dakota. Photo #2
Just yesterday it is now as part of a Soo Line train headed into the coal fields of North Dakota. It was most likely interchanged with the CNW at Oakes, Norther Dakota.
The Spiral Hill road is owned by Frank Titman. Franks layout was seen in Tracks Ahead and In a past issue of Great Model Railroads.
>> Posts index
Recent blog posts
- Denver Union Station and Rice yard
- Grain elevator fun
- layout update / new castle turn . Operation
- UP Caliente Theme Sub division HO Scale
- Dremel 3d printer announced
- N-scale Santa Fe Blue Goose Upgraded to DCC Sound
- Model Railroad Club of Toronto... a year into the rebuilding process
- One step forward, how many more steps back?
- My Club .
- Got lots of work done...